Online Form - Filming Permit Application

Filming permit

A filming permit is required if individuals or groups are filming in public places and/or Town owned facilities for commercial reasons (not applicable for personal or non-commercial use). Refer to Local Government Property Local Law 2001 and Activities on Thoroughfare and Trading in Thoroughfares and Public Places Law 2010.

Submitting a filming permit application does not guarantee approval and a successful application does not guarantee exclusivity of the filming location. 

Please Allow up to 21 days for your application to be reviewed and processed prior to filming. 

Conditions of filming

Conditions and exemptions to filming permits will apply on a case-by-case basis. 

The following Terms and Conditions may apply:

  • If filming on Town reserves or community facilities, you may have to submit a Casual Booking application which may be subject to payment of a bond and usage fees.
  • Filming crew must follow WorkSafe conditions, all existing road signage (ie. parking signs) and Town Noise Regulations, in accordance with the Environmental Protection (Noise) 1997 Regulations
  • Filming must not cause detriment to the Town's residents, reputation, natural environment, or any public or heritage-listed buildings. 
  • Road users and pedestrian's movements should not be impended or obstructed during filming. Footpaths and verges must remain safe and trafficable. Equipment or special effects that could distract motorists are not authorised. 
  • Access to commercial properties and businesses by the general public should be maintained during filming. 
  • Applicants will be responsible for obtaining the necessary resources required for filming and notifying relevant residents and businesses of their activities. 
  • Applicants are responsible for the security of any equipment they intend to use. 
  • Filming crew must minimize waste and litter production and leave the area as it was found. 
  • If filming is intended to occur on a known Aboriginal heritage site, additional approvals may be required. 
  • The Town reserves the right to revoke any filming permit if the Terms and Conditions of approval are not adhered to. 

Additional Approvals

Additional plans (ie. Pedestrian Management Plan, Traffic Management Plan etc.) may be requested by the Town on review of your application. 

If filming activities involve the use of drones, approval will need to be sought from the Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA) and the drone operator must comply with Casa's conditions in addition to those set by the Town. Filming Permits will only be issued by the Town subject to approval from CASA. 

To apply, fill out the form below. 

Preferred contact method

Please note: The Town may request further documentation depending on the nature of the filming. ie.  risk management plan, filming program, site plan etc.

Will any roads, parking areas or footpaths need to be closed or restricted access?

If Yes, do you have a Traffic Management Plan

Max File Size: 10.00 MB
Allowed File Types: .avi, .doc, .docx, .gif, .jpeg, .jpg, .mov, .mp3, .mp4, .mpeg, .mpg, .pdf, .png, .ppt, .pptx, .xls, .xlsx

Local business approval

(required if you are filming adjacent to a business premises)

Max File Size: 10.00 MB
Allowed File Types: .avi, .doc, .docx, .gif, .jpeg, .jpg, .mov, .mp3, .mp4, .mpeg, .mpg, .pdf, .png, .ppt, .pptx, .xls, .xlsx

Public Liability Insurance

Max File Size: 10.00 MB
Allowed File Types: .avi, .doc, .docx, .gif, .jpeg, .jpg, .mov, .mp3, .mp4, .mpeg, .mpg, .pdf, .png, .ppt, .pptx, .xls, .xlsx

Public liability insurance is required to cover claims that could be made by the public that happen in connection with filming within the Town of Bassendean.