Public Interest Disclosure - reporting fraud and misconduct

The Public Interest Disclosure Act 2003 (PID Act) facilitates the disclosure of public interest information and provides protection for those making disclosures and those who are the subject of disclosures. It recognises the value and importance of reporting as a means to identify and address wrongdoing and requires public interest disclosures to be investigated and for appropriate action to be taken.

The Town of Bassendean does not tolerate corrupt or other improper conduct and is committed to the aims and objectives of the PID Act. The Town strongly supports disclosures being made by employees about corrupt or other improper conduct. It also strongly supports contractors and members of the community making disclosures about corrupt or improper conduct.

Parties making disclosures are protected by the PID Act which makes it unlawful for any Town employee, contractor or subcontractor to take reprisal action against anyone who makes or proposes to make a public interest disclosure.

Before making a disclosure, you should contact the one of the below PID officers to find out more about:

  • How to make the disclosure and who you should disclose to;
  • Your rights and responsibilities;
  • The protections that will apply; and
  • Whether the information you have is covered by the Act.
PID Officer 1 PID Officer 2
Cameron Woods Joanne Burges
Chief Executive Officer Manager Governance and Strategy
9377 8000 9377 8074
[email protected] [email protected]


Related Links

Public interest Disclosure lodgement form

Public Interest Disclosure Procedure

Public Sector Commission

Crime and Corruption Commission