The Bassendean Volunteer Centre is an initiative of the Town of Bassendean to support volunteering in our community. Staffed by the Community Development Officer (Volunteer Services) and a team of volunteers the centre provides:
- A central point and link for volunteer enquiries and referrals to community organisations and the Council Volunteer Program.
- Promotion of volunteering and the benefits that are involved.
- Training, information and sharing of opportunities for community organisations.
- Supporting volunteer involving organisations in the Town of Bassendean to recruit, train and recognise their volunteers.
- Being a point of contact for the Councils volunteers (The Council Volunteer Program).
The Bassendean Volunteer Centre is a member of the State-wide Volunteer Centre Alliance Network, linking into the 22 other WA centres, from Christmas Island in the north to Esperance in the south. This network links to Volunteering Australia and Volunteering Western Australia, and assists and promotes current volunteer management practices and procedures for its members.
If you would like to become a Volunteer please visit our Volunteering Page
The Town of Bassendean through the Volunteer Centre is a proud partner of the Act-Belong-Commit campaign run by Mentally Healthy WA! The campaign aims to enhance the mental health and wellbeing of Western Australians by strengthening individual resilience and building community cohesion.
For more information about the campaign visit: actbelongcommit.org.au
9.00am – 3pm Monday to Friday
50 Old Perth Road, Bassendean, WA 6054
Tel: 9377 2191